Saturday, August 23, 2008

I loath Sundays

Sundays. Some consider it the first day of the week. Some the seventh. If we follow the Arabic meaning, it derives from A'had. Meaning One. Usually on Sundays, people go for picnics, walks, jogs or at least, walk the dog. Well, not me. Most of my activities happens on either Saturdays of Fridays. Carrefour or Giant trips? Saturday. Movies? Saturdays. Walks? Saturdays. Gaming? Saturdays. Get my point. And why is that? Simply because, Sundays reminds me of Mondays. Sigh. And we know what starts on Mondays? Slavery eh I mean work. Work. We work for the full God damned week, to get paid by the 25th each month, to pay the bills etc, and to work again. I really envy those prehistoric people. Really I do. They didn't have to worry about rents, mortgage, car installments, insurance, paper work, the list goes on. During their time, despite of cleaner air and thicker ozone layer, the only thing they had to worry were dinosaurs. That or some talking donkey.
Hungry? Grab your sword and go hunting. A home? See that goat skin? With a wild imagination, that mere goat skin is a five rooms bungalow, complete with a swimming pool and barbecue area.

Life was a party back then. No wonder those people lived longer. Something like 300 years old of death, is considered as dead too young kinda deal. Tell somebody you are 300 years old today and you might end up as an ISA detainee. If this is a price to pay for modernization, well I don't want to be modern. Lets start back, a simple life. A dad goes to the corn farm, little Ahmad and Fatimah go to school, wife cooks dinner. At three o'clock sharp, everybody is home, living a complete life. Well, compare that today.

Morning
  • Gets out of bed, rush for work
  • Kids jump out of bed, school
  • Wifes prepares a quick breakfast
  • Feeds the cats
  • Everybody off to work/school
Afternoon
  • Kids attend PAFA/ tuition/ co curriculum activities
  • Dad/mom takes lunch in office cafeteria
  • Amah curls in front of your precious LCD to enjoy her Pinoy soaps
Evening
  • Dad and mom return from work
  • Kids return from school/tuition
  • Amah prepares dinner since everybody is already flat out.
Night
  • Dad and mom watch TV
  • Kids study
Okay now I ask you, where did the quality time for family went? If I start my own company (I will Insyallah) I plan to start my office hours at 6.30 am. Thats right folks. Straight after Fajr prayers, you get your asses here in the office. And ends at 2.30 pm. Then the staffs will have all the time in the world for families or hobbies. No traffic jams, no bitching about unbalanced work life. So you have all the time in the world for your needs. Yes?

So that concludes why I hate Sundays. Now I gotta run. Duty calls.

No comments: