Monday, October 24, 2016

My Playstation Network Account Was Hacked Today and how I solved the issue

So this morning, while I was having my breakfast with my son, I received this email from Sony. I didn't request or perform Sign-In Change. I was like, okay. WTF. I have my Paypal details inside the account, among others. 

Basically somebody managed to get my login ID (my current email) and my password and changed the login ID to another email address.  So I quickly sent my son to school, called my banker to cancel all my cards. They too confirmed nothing was performed within the 24 hours. I went back to my house and took down my PS4, PS3 and PS Vita serial numbers. 

I called above number and spoke to the customer service representative. Since my PSN account is based in Malaysia, I was rerouted to a Hong Kong call centre, there was an issue of language barrier due to accent and etc. But I managed to pull thru. and I received below email.
Drama over. So if your account  is hacked, keep cool and follow these steps.

1. Call your banker and cancel all your cards
2. Take down your Sony PS4, PS3 or Vita serial ID
3. Call Sony PSN Hotline of your country ( Malaysia is 1-800-81-4963 from 9am to 6pm weekdays)
4. They will ask you your original email address, your online name, your full name and your console ID(I gave my PS4 number)
5. If you succeed, they will revert the login email back to your original email address and send you the link to reset the password.
6. Reset the password by clicking the link (DUH)
7. Reset your email password, just to be safe.

Done. Basically I don't blame Sony for this. Its actually my fault as I didn't change my login credentials for a very long time. So, hope that helped. Screw you hackers. Get a fucking job.

 
 

No comments: