Sunday, November 30, 2008

A lot of things happened last week..

A lot of things happened last week. Mostly sad things. I broke my wife's heart, and she was unable to forgive me. But by the grace of God, she managed to forgive me. I am so sorry Honey, I will not repeat the same mistake again. I am a changed man. I thank you for giving me another chance, this is why I love you so much.. Then, I got MC for three days since last Wednesday. While I was returning from Gents, I felt dizzy and collapsed in the Office. My collegues took me to a clinic in Cine Tech 1, where the doctor gave me MC. Actually, it was a blessing from God, HE gave me the chance to patch things up between my wife and I. It was extremely emotional, I will stop writing about it here.

Poka, our furkid, was hit by a mysterious illness. After we came back from our monthly shopping, I found him looking depressed, so I took him inside. His head was tilting and his eyes were experiencing REM. We took him to the government vet the next day, only to find out that they too are puzzled by it. They suggested that my boy's nerve system is damaged and they is nothing they can do except subscribing some antiobiotics. We nearly bursted into tears. He was looking very week since he was refusing food. But alhamdulillah, after the MA gave him the injection, he slowly stops the REM. My wife did some reading and found out about the desease head tilting desease . It quite rare. I lifted him and place him inside a box in a corner of our house. He cant walk properly since his balancing is already out. He slept all day, but I forced food inside his throat, water too. For me, in order for him to be strong, he got to take some food, by hood or by crook. My hands were bruised by his scratchings, but it was all worth it when I saw him licking and grooming himself the next morning (for you cat nuts you should know that this is a sign that the cat is recovering) I called my wife and we shed tears. Then he wanted to eat, so we game him some. I still cant walk properly, but at least the food intake have continued. So this Hari Raya Haji we are taking him back to KL since he cant take care of himself. Toro will go to the cat hostel. From my wife's reading, it can be resolved with time. No worries Poka, we will continue to love you as usual, no matter how you are.

I got some new games..

Motorstorm 2 Pacific Rift

Genre : Offroad Arcade Racing
Platform: Playstation 3 Exclusive Multiplayer : local and online Trophy Support : Yes

Graphics : This game looks better than the prequel (obviously) Rides now are able to catch flame if driven on volcanos etc. But, if I take another peek at Gran Turismo 5 Prologue , I know Evolution Studios can do better.Oh, that screenshot function rocks.

Audio : Supports up to 5.1 Dolby thingamajig, if you have one. The thing is, you can literally hear your opponents' engine at the back of the pack (audio clue) while racing, pretty cook to me. And the rocking soundtrack adds more fun in it. 2 things tho, I hope the next Motorstorm adds blo off valve sounds in the game, most of the vehicles offered are Turbo vehicles so a Blow off valve hissing sound is natural. Oh yeah... NO CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK SUPPORT SUCKS. We demand a patch for this, NOW!

Gameplay : Well, obviously this time the game is set on an island filled with volcanoes, thick jungle and lush seaside. So you do the math. On top of that, Evo Studios also added Big Foots in the game. Yup. Big Foots. I hate them. Since they can screw almost everybody. Pure power yet to slow for my liking. The vehicles handle well, the controller is responsive and I must say the vibration effect is superb. You can almost feel each bump and gravel on the track. And online mode features no lags at all. Also, its region free, means a chap from Malaysia can race with a dude in US without any hiccups.

Innovation : This is a racing game. Adding more tracks and vehicles is already considered as an innovation. This is not Motorstorm's strong point as this gentre is so cliched, however I would like to point out on Evo's network expertise creating a lagless online racing. That is something to be proud of.

Get this if : 1. You dig the first Motorstorm
2. You like franctic action
3. You prefer 'no-commitment' kinda game. This game can be serious and casual.
4. You hate the latest Need for Speed: Undercover.

Little Big Planet

Genre : Action Platformer
Platform: Playstation 3 Exclusive
Multiplayer : local and online
Trophy Support : Yes

Graphics: One of the most best looking games avaliable of PS3. The details of Sackboy is shocking, you can even see his zippers for God's sake! I really like how the blurring technique is used to capture the details of the main character. The colorful world of Little Big Planet comes with vibrant colors, friendly and interesting characters and more. Definately an eye candy and a great way to boast that awesome display that you have,

Audio: Now, this is where it gets interesting. Each stage comes with its won unique track, and coupled with 5.1 sound system, you can hear each shime and chirp inside the game. Seriously.

Gameplay : Its seperated into 2 main components, the usual single player stuffs and the custom level stuff. The single player contains your basic side scrolling action, and to my suprise, when my wife switches the second controller on, her character fromher profile pops inside my 'box'! So its like the second coming of Super Mario. The controls are a bit 'iffy', means sometimes my jumps can go distance, sometimes no. Something that the devs can look at.

Innovation : Okay, the best part. You can create your own level (learn how with the simple to understand tutorial) and publish it on the net. How cool is that. However Media Molecule is extremely strict on copyrighted stuffs, means you cant publish MGS or Super Mario lookalike levels (safe if nobody reports you tho) And how the tropy system works, it forces you to be a all rounder gamer and explore all the functions of the game. Oh yeah, lets say you are stuck on one level, just invite a friend , tow or three to help you on that level.Viola!

Get this if : 1. You want to experience the next gen stuff Sony has been blaberring about
2. You are looking for soemthing you can share with your wife/kids/husbands
3. You like the SIMs
4. You have a Playstation 3. This game is essential in each PS3's owners' library.

That's all for now. Actually I also got Valkyria Chronicles and Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness but I am too busy with those two earlier games, later if I have the time I will review both games. Until then, see you guys.

No comments: