Tuesday, November 11, 2008

There are still good people on Internet

Today, I am pleasantly suprised when I logged into my favorite message board, The Snake Soup to see this. I guess there are still nice people over the Internets. I am a member of that site and to tell you the truth, thats the first site I would login each morning. The Snake Soup is a very critical fanbase of Metal Gear Solid. I have come across a lot of MGS fansites, but TSS stands on its own. Maturity, thats the game they play there. Members there are matured enough to discuss the plus and minus of each MGS games, without those OMG! KOJIMA IZZ GODZ crap. Thats why, I feel welcomed and from what I have seen so far, I am the only member from South East Asia. Through that site, I learned more about psycholoinguistics, culture and many more interpersonal semantical skills. What I like most about the site is, the members constantly remind themselves that they are humans and they do have a life besides Metal Gear Solid.

Workwise, one of my collegue throws in her resignation letter today. Apparently, she cant stand the workload and the managements' preassure over her. I dont blame her, she was a waitress before for god's sake.Which donkey hired her to do office job, this is a case of a wrong job profile match. Now she handles Benefits for one of our biggest client. Benefits here applies to the full spectrum of Flexi and personal claims. The thing is, the system that my place is using sucks serious donkey ass. Way back in Kuala Lumpur, I was not exposed with it as I was too busy manning the Contact Center. As I am now part of the team, I can see how they work, and I feel blessed not doing what they are doing. Just imagine, client A submits an online claim application and mails his receipts to his HR folks. The HR folks will then courier the receipts to our Operations team here for them fo manually find the receipt, one by one according to the claims submitted online. Isn't that just crazy? I thought system was introduced to make out life easier. Not happening here in Singapore folks. I have suggested to the management to add a function inside the system for the clients to SCAN their copy of the receipts
and upload it into the system. Apparently, the client rejected the idea because they are afraid their staffs would be lining up in front of the scanning machines to do so. Fucking lame excuse if you ask me. This is the problem when clients take us as vendors, not business partners.

Teluk Chempedak in Kuantan.

On the other hand, my wife is going back to her hometown in Kuantan. She had he final exam yesterday so she wants to relax with her family there. Not a problem with me, she deserves the rest. She will return to Johor next week Tuesday. I guess I will be eating this everyday until she returns..Oh I miss her cooking..

Wow, fried fish..again..and again..sigh..

Yeah! I just received a call from her. Apparently we overpaid the university so this month, I have extra RM500 to spend!! Wiiiiiii!! Now I can finally get her that perfume she always wanted..
Okay this is my shopping list for this month.


Motorstorm 2.
There is nothing wrong with getting down and dirty online.

Little Big Planet
Something me and my wife can enjoy together. My wife already made me promose to buy this so this is a keeper.

Valkyria Chronicles
A strategy RPG. It has been a long time since we had one Another game me and the wife can enjoy.

Okay, I guess its back to work for me. Got a couple of issues I have to check from my end.


No comments: